Call Us Now: 1300 043 364

Do You Need a Consent To Act From an Official Liquidator?

An Official Liquidation is an appointment made by a Court. In most cases an Official Liquidation is sought by a creditor of the company. The process will usually have been as follows:

• A creditor will have served a Statutory Demand on the company to pay a debt pursuant to section 459E of the Corporations Act;

• Failure to pay the money demanded in the Statutory Demand means there is an “assumption at law” that the company is insolvent;

• An application will then have been made to the Court to have the company wound up.

That process can take several months.

The creditor will usually have used a Lawyer in the above process and that lawyer, prior to the Application to Court will have requested a Consent to Act from an Official Liquidator.

Dissolve has a registered Official Liquidator, being Clifford Sanderson. He has been an Oficial Liquidator since 1997 and conducted hundreds of liquidations.

If you need a Consent to Act please have your lawyer contact us . Our policy is that we seek no up-front fee to act as Official Liquidator.

There's no time to lose! Contact us now for confidential, free advice.

Ask IRA!

Our Interactive Restructuring Adviser

Answer 4 questions and IRA will:

  • Diagnose the problem
  • Prescribe the Right Solution

Is My Company Insolvent?

Tick the boxes to check if you are at risk of:

  • Insolvent Trading
  • Personal Liability for Company Debt